Wednesday, July 9, 2014

#170 The Ostrich

Animalia: Day 119
The Ostrich

Preliminary doodle.

I did the sketches on the left first, then wanted to exaggerate the
small head, so I did the thumbnail sketch at the bottom.
Then I tried to blow that up, which was not entirely successful.

So then I photoshopped it to be roughly the proportions I wanted.
I tried coloring too, but it was a mess, so you get the grayscale (er, silver).

I am in Paris right now in residency at the Cité Internationale Des Arts,
making drawings and what not, but more on that in another post.

I did these animal drawings a few months ago, but they are silverpoints,
which are apparently difficult to document. 
My scanner blew out the images, and photographing them yielded 
mixed results, but that is what I ended up using.

Anyways, silverpoint on Terraskin, which is paper made from stone.

Tomorrow (maybe actually?!): the Otter.

No comments:

Post a Comment